Question by Glutton 4 Punishment: Why do service members need to print their SSN on their ID tags?
I’m ordering some military style dog tags since they’re much cheaper than the fancy ones from the local pharmacy (which are literally 6 times the price) and the format currently used supposedly has the SSN printed right on it. Seems counter intuitive since lost dog tags could mean identity theft here on U.S. soil, right? So does anybody know why the SSN is used?
Not like I have to worry about it, I’m not in the service due to medical reasons. It’s just curiosity.
- Toy Story Slinky Dog Toy Review
- Laurie Williams - PetLifeRadio.com - DSPN - The Dog Sports & Performance Network - Pets & Animals on Pet Life Radio
- Black and White Zebra Print Dog Bed
- Dog Grooming Supplies
- Brittany Dog
- Ideal Pet Products 7.25-by-13-Inch Medium Ruff-Weather Pet Door with Telescoping Frame Reviews
- Animal Print Dog Collar
- Dog Information on Allergies
- Teacup Yorkies: Playful Friends
- Dog Dresses Online - A Wonderful Way To Get Your Dog Looking Fashionable
- Robin Sonsteby uses greenhouse experience in garden June 19, 2013Many of us tomato lovers have either planted tomato plants in the garden or have found it impossible to get coordinates straight with Mother Nature. […]
- 36 hour pet adopt-a-thon scheduled for this weekend June 19, 2013Paws Chicago is set to host their 36 hour adopt-a-thon this weekend; beginning Friday, June 21st at 11:00 a.m. and going until Saturday, June 22nd at […]
- Who's Left Behind When a Soldier Commits Suicide? June 19, 2013The day after her husband's funeral, a week or so after she found him, Rebecca Morrison somehow managed to get dressed and get in the car. […]
- Burbank Animal Shelter to provide free collars, ID tags June 19, 2013Burbank Animal Shelter volunteers round up puppies for outdoor play time. All dogs and cats that are adopted will soon get free collars and ID tags. […]
- Dog loving families and shelters can create a 'calm zone' during 4th of July fireworks season. June 19, 2013Jun. 19, 2013 - DUNDEE, Ill. -- The 4th of July is nearly upon us! What should be a fun family holiday weekend can be a very stressful time for dogs a […]
- Robin Sonsteby uses greenhouse experience in garden June 19, 2013